Friday, June 27, 2008

Well, our vacation is just about over. Unfortunately, we didn't have internet access at our beach house, and we didn't get to a place long enough to post. We arrived late Thursday in Susanville (actually Friday at 12:00 am), and for some reason I'm not able to download my pictures. I'll get those up later. Here's a little of what I wrote during our stay at the beach house:

We’ve arrived in Oregon! We could not ask for better weather. We left Saturday morning, around 10:30. Our destination the first night was to Jacksonville, Near Medford. We have a friend who lives there and we stayed the night at his house. Of course, we did some geocaching on the way - and actually found a couple of them! That night we ate in Medford, and took Cody along with us for dinner. We were back on the road again the next morning by 9:00 am, headed for the coast! We took I-5 up to Sutherlin, then cut across to Reedsport. Again, there were a few more geocaches to find. From Reedsport we took Hwy. 101 up the coast. On this trip, I want to just enjoy the trip, and be able to stop when I or the kids want to stop. For some, that means stopping at Fred Meyer. Yes, Fred Meyer. This is a favorite store to a six year old. Of course, that means the toy aisle. I must admit I am really sick of the toy aisle. But, we are on vacation so I am holding my tongue. We tried stopping at the Happy Kamper Yarn Barn in Florence, but it was closed (Sunday).
We checked into the South Beach Campground just south of Newport. I had originally planned to pack a tent, but because you can never be sure of the weather at the coast, we decided to reserve a yurt. This was our first time in a yurt, and we really liked it. We also really enjoyed this campground. Close to the beach with trails, showers (some hot, some not), and clean bathrooms.

No comments:

Sign our Guestbook