Wednesday, April 15, 2009

We're in Oregon!

I'm having a hard time beginning. Right this minute, I am sitting in the "living room" of our cottage, watching and listening to the waves roll in. I don't want to do anything else but just sit here and watch. And because I'm on vacation, I can. I think I could live here.

We left home yesterday morning at 6:20. Only 20 minutes off schedule which is doing good for me. On the way we saw:
Snow. This was taking past Susanville. We also hit some on the pass in Oregon.

Sun. Oh, and that mountain? That's Mt. Shasta.

Here's a place I'd have a hard time living in. Can you imagine writing your return address?

After paying this much for gas (in Weed, CA - see above photo) I'll try not to complain when I get home and have to gas up the guzzler.

No real reason for taking this picture. Just liked the name.

Rain, gotta love it. It IS Oregon, after all.
Our first vacation buy - yarn! We stopped at the Happy Kamper Yarn Barn in Florence, Oregon. The lady usually always has a little dog who loves to greet people by barking at you then running under a chair. This time in addition to this little yapper was a 9 week old puppy, and a kitty. Adam loved the cat, followed the cat, then sneezed a few times and started rubbing his eyes and they got all red. Hmmmm, could I actually have a child that is allergic to cats???


This is what we drove all day to see. This picture was taken from the window at our cottage. The window I am sitting in front of right now. I think I could live here.

No comments:

Sign our Guestbook