Friday, April 25, 2008

Sea Monkeys - yep, we have 'em

Remember sea monkeys as a kid? I remember the advertisement in the back of the comic books, and even ordered some. As I recall, they never lasted long. Last Christmas Adam received Sea Monkeys as a gift. I think I was more excited than he was. So, at the beginning of January, our baby sea monkeys were born. Adam fed them for a while, but quickly lost interest, and the job of caring for them was passed on to me.

I always thought sea monkeys were just brine shrimp. I am almost embarrassed to say, I am really enjoying them. Sometimes I swear they are watching me just as I watch them. They flip around and do somersaults, which I find amusing - they're either having a great time in that murky water, or are on their last breaths. We now have a "pregnant" sea monkey. Seems like she's been pregnant forever, and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of our bundles of joy. I have been aerating the water every few days, and have even quit cleaning the bottom of their tank for fear of sucking up the babies before I realize they have hatched. I tried taking a picture of the mommy-to-be, but it is a little blurry. Can you see the egg sacks on her back?

Earlier this month I went to an all day crop with some friends of mine. This time it was held at a church hall we rented out. It's so nice to be able to scrapbook with friends, with plenty of room to spread out and even wear your slippers! I finished up 20 pages. Another crop coming up next weekend I need to prepare for.

Adam's school held an egg toss. A couple of the teachers threw - and I mean threw - the eggs off of the roof of the school. Adam wrapped his egg in lots of paper towels, then put it in a box filled with popped popcorn. His egg didn't crack!

This weekend is another busy one. Tonight Syd went to her play practice, then went to attend a friend's baptism. tomorrow she has more play practice. Saturday I'm taking Adam to a karate class in the a.m., then bowling in the afternoon. Tomorrow evening Syd and I are going to see the play, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, held at UNR. We are going with a group from a book club I meet with occasionally. Wish I could meet more often, but life always seems to get in the way.

Tonight a friend of mine is coming over and we are going to watch the new Moonlight episode. We have been waiting since the writer's strike for this, so we made a big deal out of it. We're having snacks and drinks, and will make a proper toast to Mick, since he's really the reason we watch the show!

No comments:

Sign our Guestbook