Sunday, May 4, 2008

Reno Feis


This weekend was the Reno Feis. Syd did a couple of dances yesterday, and most were held today. I attended an all day scrapbook crop yesterday, and got home around 12:30 this morning, and didn't land up getting to bed until around 1:30, then woke up around 5:45 am. Today at the feis I was sooooo tired. I tried reading a book while I was waiting for Syd's dance number, and I couldn't even see straight. Wow, haven't been like that for a long time. She did great, although she was hard on herself because, like all of us, she wanted to do better. She did get to move up in one dance - she got first places out of twelve. The solo dresses these girls wear are absolutely gorgeous, but they come with a huge price tag. New dresses cost around $1200 and higher. She has an idea for making one, but I see how intricate the designs on these dresses are and I am honestly not sure I could do it with my limited experience of sewing. We came home after the feis and everyone took a nap. Of course now I am burning the midnight oil, knowing I need to go to bed because I have to work tomorrow.




No comments:

Sign our Guestbook