Tuesday, May 20, 2008

And They Shall Be Gathered

Tonight I watched Syd perform in the play, And They Shall Be Gathered, put on by the young men and women in our church. The kids have worked really hard for the past several months, and they did an outstanding job. Kudos goes to the adults that helped them with this. After hearing about the practices I wasn't sure what to expect. I really enjoyed it (can you tell?) The play runs about 70 minutes and tells of a young couple and the choices they have to make after joining the church in the Armenia in the late 1800's. Didn't get many pictures tonight, but I'll have more tomorrow.

We're thinking about buying a different lens for my camera. I have a Canon Rebel and love it, but one drawback I have is that I am not able to take good pictures of the kids when they are performing at school functions, or much anywhere at some distance with fluorescent lights. We had heard it is a good idea to get a lens with an image stabilizer, but those come with a big price tag. A friend of ours let us borrow a 75-300 lens that that does not have an IS. I have been playing around with it tonight and so far really like it. I'm more of a point and shoot person, so a lot of this camera talk really goes over my head. I want to be able to take pictures like a pro without having to actually sit down and take the time to read that darn manual. Don't we all! I'm taking it out when we go camping this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to get some beautiful sunset pictures.

No comments:

Sign our Guestbook