Friday, September 19, 2008


Today the weather was finally starting to feel a little cooler. I really think I felt a touch of fall in the air. The sky was cloudy, and the wind blew a cool breeze. The weather man says this is only a teaser; the temperature is supposed to get back up in the high 80's soon. I think I really am done with the heat. Maybe, just maybe, if I just act like it is fall weather it will turn into fall weather - d'ya think? This newly acquired pumpkin certainly can't hurt. I love this! My mom and I were shopping at Walmart and my mom spotted it. We picked out the best two - I know because I think my mom went through each one of them!

Tomorrow is Saturday. That means a soccer game, and getting caught up on laundry, or at least trying to. Tonight we have only one child here at home. One is spending a night at a friend's house and the other is in California with a friend and her family. It is so quiet here tonight., almost too quiet. Tomorrow night we're planning on going out to dinner with some good friends of ours. I'm looking forward to that.
.
Our piano is getting a lot of use lately. I was going through some church music and came across one entitled Count Your Blessings. There are many times when I think of the glass as half empty instead of half full. I know I need to change my way of thinking but there are days when I just wake up being one of the seven dwarfs - Grumpy. Today I was looking at a rubber stamp blog, Missy B Designs, and she had a link to this blog. Reading this story really puts things into perspective. Why should I complain about having always being the one to replenish the empty roll of toilet paper when I have a healthy family. Does it really matter who emptied the trash last? Granted, I really don't think I was put on this earth to stay in the kitchen all day, but I was given this family to nurture and care for, and instead of taking them for granted, I need to see how much I really have. I need to Count My Blessings.

No comments:

Sign our Guestbook