Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Clay and I took a quick drive out to Pyramid Lake today. Clay wanted to check out the supposedly new boat launch at Warrior's Point. No such luck, there is no boat launch. I haven't been to Warrior's Point in years. Clay remembers when it was built up - they had showers, bathrooms (not just sani-huts), and picnic tables with shade canopies. Now all that's left is what appears to be the roof of the building, but it could be the floor of it, jutting out from the shore. There is also a building that possibly was from the county (?) which is nothing but a pile of rocks and boards. I guess you know you're getting old when you keep finding yourself saying, "back in the day...."


We also went geocaching. Our first cache we went to we were able to find. This is a really cool place we want to take the kids to. The description of this cache was that it was located among some calcite fossil beds.. The beds are the remains of ancient Lake Lahontan and contain fossilized leaves from trees and plants that no longer appear in the Great Basin. We took the dogs out to run, and while they exercised, we looked for fossils. Even found a couple. This cache made up for the other that I could not locate. Got the coordinates, but was unable to find the cache. I hate it when that happens. Oh well.

South of Pyramid Lake

First cache of the day


Quiet night tonight. Syd and I are gearing up for the holidays. In September I usually get excited because I know fall is (or should be) right around the corner. I love Fall, my favorite time of the year. It's tradition for me in September to start making my Christmas gift list. This year Syd will probably help me make gifts. This year will also be our last Christmas with her living at home. Oh, I'm going to miss her. Have I mentioned that once - or twice, or ten or twenty times - already???

No comments:

Sign our Guestbook