Monday, February 16, 2009

Nighttime Geocaching

Right now, at this moment, as I type, it is Monday evening, 9:31 to be precise. I was not one of the lucky ones who had the day off, but my day at work was still enjoyable. Clay took the kids out shopping during the day. Tonight I didn't really have anything planned to do together as a family, but then Syd suggested we go geocaching. Seriously, to myself I am thinking it is just a little too chilly outside for me to be going geocaching at night, but out loud I say, "Sure, let's call Grandma and see if she wants to go, too." We all climb into the Suburban (ok, the kids race to get the very back seat, fight over it, then climb into the middle seat - you get the picture) and head off toward Wal-mart. A friend of Syd's has shown her a couple of caches so she actually knows exactly where to go to find two of them. The first one is near Wal-mart, and the second one is near Best Buy. Warning: the following pictures contain spoilers, so if you go geocaching you may not want to see these pictures until you find them yourself.

John, Syd and Adam open the log sheet for our first find of the night

This is the most creative cache I've found! A close up pic of the cache near Wal-mart

I believe this is a hole that was drilled by the founder of this cache. I actually contains a holder (see pic below). Another very creative cache.

Cool cache, Adam got to trade treasures!

Our third cache of the evening! We almost didn't find this one, but John and Adam figured it out.
<3
It is tradition to have dessert on the nights of our family evenings, and Adam will never forget to remind us about that. While Syd and John went to the store to buy some treats, the doorbell rang. Clay went to get it, then tells me it's something for me to see. Well, it actually was for Syd so we left it for her to "open."
This was tied to our front screen door. When you opened it all the way, the little firecrackers on a string popped! Then out on our sidewalk was this sign:

Too funny!
*
This picture doesn't have anything to do with tonight, but since so few pictures are taken of Clay and I, I wanted to post it. This was taken by Adam on Valentine's Day. Love you, H.B.!








No comments:

Sign our Guestbook