Thursday, March 5, 2009

They Said Yes, She'll Say Yes!

I know there have been lots of pictures I have taken in the last two weeks, meaning to post them on this blog. There was Syd's JA dance, school open house, bagna cauda at our house with friends, and there I was, camera in hand. Without attempting to overload on too many pictures with one post, I'll just post the memorable moments of today.

I think today we can officially call ourselves Foster Parents. We received our signed foster license, although we still have to sign the contract, which they are drawing up right now. Every time we finish another step in the process, I'm always asking, "What's next?" So far, I've heard what the next step will be, i.e., fingerprinting, homestudy, getting licensed, etc. Today when I asked, "what's next?" the reply was, "as soon as you sign the contract, your name is on the list." Wow. Now I think it's starting to sink in. We've done it! It's exciting, but I am so nervous.


Today when I got home, I was greeted by this on my front lawn:

When I saw this, I had a pretty good idea what it meant and who it was for. A little background information for you: Our church has a formal dance coming up, what the kids affectionally call a Mormal (Mormon+formal=Mormal). Syd is not shy when it comes to asking guys to go to a dance, so I thought she had someone in mind. I was pretty sure this same person was the one who put all the tickets on our front lawn (he's known for creatively asking her out on a date - see my previous posts). When I came in the house, the rest of my family (except for Syd, she was at work) showed me this:


He also had given her a key in case she couldn't figure out the words, but I won't post exactly what it says, because if you're like me you'll want to figure it out yourself. Ok, how cute is this?!!! I am sure her response will be:


Syd already knows how's she's going to reply back. But that's another post.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arlene - how fantastic that you are going to be foster parents! What a great way to give back in the community!!

The Mrs. said...

Hey I just got the paper work to fill out for a reference for Syd. Then i saw this post. Will they still need me as a reference. I would love to do it, but I was just wondering.

congrats!

Jamee

Michelle said...

How exciting!!! Its been a long wait for you, and you are finally there!!! =)

Sign our Guestbook