Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Step Back In Time

The Valhalla Renaissance Faire. One of the best places to people watch. Syd and I went in costume, so this year we were the recipients of the people watching us. Clay and our little guy also went along. I so enjoy listening to the banter that goes on and how so many of the people that attend dress up and really get into their character.


Only bought something at one booth, but what a find - for me, anyway. A lady was selling dyed wool - roving - as well as knitting needles, crochet hooks, wool accessories and spindles. I bought some roving, a mini spindle, and she gave me a free lesson in how to spin. I've been taught before, but it's been quite some time, and the way she taught me I was able to get a much thinner yarn.
**
Some of our babies have hatched! As of yesterday, one baby bird has emerged, and as of today all but two of the butterflies have hatched. They seem to do that when we're gone so we haven't actually seen them emerge.






No comments:

Sign our Guestbook