Saturday, January 16, 2010

Catching Up, or Return from the Crypt

Has it really been four months since my last post?! I am embarrassed to say that yes, it has. So, with the new year, here is a new post with a New Year's resolution to post more often.



This week Syd and I tried out a new restaurant, Off The Hook. It's a little restaurant close to Sparks Blvd. and Prater Way in Sparks. Syd had the coconut chicken, and I opted for the fish and chips, made with the tilapia. You can choose your choice of fish, and how it is prepared. I really liked the fish - the fish was cooked just right, and the batter was light and not greasy. We ordered our food to go, and by the time we got home, the fries had cooled down. I think they would have been better if we ate them while still hot. They make the fries fresh for each order. I REALLY liked Syd's food - the coconut chicken. It's made with coconut milk and real coconut. The chicken is served with rice. Yummy! I believe this is a father and son business, and I know how tough it is in this economy to keep small businesses up and running, so I am writing about this restaurant. This restaurant got varied reviews (see the link above), but if you're in the mood for fish, try Off The Hook for yourself and let me know how you like it.


Off The Hook, 1351 E. Prater Way #102, Sparks, Nevada

Coconut Chicken (they had Coconut shrimp as well) $6

The Fish and Chips - $7.00, included a small serving of coleslaw (this isn't my favorite coleslaw, not much flavor)









1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

I was wondering where the blogging you went. I know your busy busy though.

Even though I see you in the hall at church, it's nice to hear what else is going on.

Love,
Jamee
xoxo

Sign our Guestbook