Saturday, December 20, 2008

What a week! And am I ready for Christmas? Well, mentally I'm so ready, but every time I think I'm ready I remember another gift I need, or present to wrap, or another thing to add to the list, or....well, you get the picture.
Mornday morning was a very slow drive to work. The good part about snow is - the snow! But the down side to all the snow is driving in it. This is what it looked like on my way to work Monday morning:

Thursday in Adam's class they had sundaes and watched cartoons. I got to go in a help out. Whew, that is a busy class. When I think of sundaes I think of ice cream, hot fudge, nuts, whipped cream, all the classic items. These kids had brought really fun things for their toppings: sour balls, gummy worms, peanut m&m's, to name a few. They had a great time, and with all that sugar the kids had, it was enough for me to want to take a nap when I got home! It's so cool when the kids start to know me a little better. One girl even drew me a picture - so sweet.


This morning we went to our church's Christmas breakfast. 8:30 is a little early for me on Saturday. We brought a chili relleno casserole. It's very tasty and really easy to make.


CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE
2 (7 oz.) cans whole green chile peppers, drained (I used 1 27-oz. can
8 oz. Montery Jack cheese, shredded
8 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded
2 eggs, beaten
1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
2 T. flour
1/2 cup milk
1, Preheat oven to 350 degrees (I had to turned mine up to 375). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Lay half of the chilies evenly in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the jack and cheddar cheeses, and cover with remaining chilies. In a bowl, mix together the egg, milk and flour and pour over the top of the chilies.
3. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheeses and bake another 15 minutes or until done.
Enjoy!

Erin brought her knitting along to the breakfast to try to finish a Christmas gift.
Syd snuck some chocolate while watching the program.

A special guest - Santa!
Tonight Clay and I went to a Christmas party. I must admit, I am really tired right now, and I have caught quite a few typos in this post, so I am trying to make an excuse for the ones that I won't see before I publish this. Tonight we saw friend's we hadn't seen in some time. The family that had the party used to be neighbors of ours and we have known them for 19 years. This was a fun party. I even remembered to bring my camera and take pictures. We ate lots, and got to open presents for the gift exchange. Too fun. We love you Gayla, Roger, Amber, Haley and Mike! It was a great time.

Their "Blue" Christmas tree. They've been decorating with blue since I can remember.

No comments:

Sign our Guestbook