Saturday, December 6, 2008

Where were you on Black Friday?

Yes, I did get up early, early, early on Black Friday. Syd and I got up at 3:30 am, got ready, then hit our local coffee shop at 4:00 am for hot cocoa and a muffin, and went to stand in line at Old Navy. All for a MP3 player they were giving away (with a purchase, of course). We stood in line for 45 minutes, and were so proud of the "get-your-free-gift" bracelet we received because we were one of the first 50 people in line and got that cool MP3 player! Actually, I haven't even opened it up yet; I am giving it away as a gift, but ssshhhhh! From there we went to Michaels and stocked up on even more Stuff, and that's with a capital S! Got some baskets to put more yarn stash in. You know, that yarn stash that I promised myself I would never accumulate? Yep, that one. Now we're working on getting our Christmas cards out. This year they come with pictures of the whole family, and you know how it takes time to Photoshop us old people, aka Clay and I in the picture, so it may be a while. Here's fun pictures to keep you occupied until then:
Syd and I at Klunker's, with our hot chocolate, ready to face the morning, uh, I mean the night - about 4:00 a.m. here.

Standing in line at Old Navy. We were the 10th and 11th person in line. It was around 4:15 a.m.
around 4:40 they showed up with coffee and hot chocolate for us. Too bad we already got ours!

Yep, we were in line for the freebie!

We met our friends Lee Ann and Deidre at Old Navy, then went to breakfast at IHOP when we were done with our early morning shopping

No comments:

Sign our Guestbook