Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday To You!

Well, our little girl turned 18 today. Where did all the time go? It's funny, when they're small you joke about the day they will be 18, and an "adult." You think you will have so much time with them. You watch them grow, watch them blossom and know that they will grow up, but when the time comes that they are grown up, it just doesn't seem like there was enough time. Am I ready for her to grow up? Am I ready for her to move out on her own when she goes off to college? Am I ready to not see her every day, and know where she is every (well, almost) hour of the day? Ok, I can tell by the way my tears are falling that right now I am a selfish mother, I do not want her to grow up. I want her to stay and be my little girl forever. I know very soon I will need to let her go, and although it will break my heart, I know that I will.

She found these on her car early this morning before school

Dinner and Dessert at Olive Garden
More cake (which we saved to eat) and presents
See the resemblance?

No comments:

Sign our Guestbook