Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!


Hard to believe that it is 2009 already. A new year - time for resolutions, if you make them. This year, in addition to the resolutions almost every one of us puts on our list - I admit, every year I vow to eat healthier and exercise more - I will add a few more to my list. Here are just a couple:

1. I will spend more time with my family, and time spent cleaning the house won't count. Time goes by so fast and before you know it, your oldest daughter is graduating. Just ask me. I know.

2. I will make a special point of getting together with friends. Too often I say, "let's get together," and it never happens. I realized there are some friends I haven't seen all year.

We spent New Year's Eve with some wonderful friends of ours. We ate dinner, then played games (WII, pool, and MadGab) and visited until midnight. We stayed up until around 1:00 am (even us "old" parents). Bill and Melanie live near Virginia City, so we decided to stay the night rather than face the windy road down and the roads with lots of people, many of whom had been drinking. Bill and Melanie were great at letting all five of us stay with them. Thank you so much for such a fun time! We plan to spend a relaxing day at home to welcome in 2009.
Adam learned to play pool, and found that he really enjoyed it
Rack 'em up, Dad
It's just as fun to watch the people play as it is to play the WII Fit
Dinner time! Spaghetti and roast chicken
Happy New Year!
C'mere and gimme a smooch!
Reminder NOT to buy the hats/crowns with elastic string at Walmart. They were too small.
Midnight
The kids blew their horns and got the dog singing/howling

No comments:

Sign our Guestbook