Sunday, March 23, 2008

The prom is over - the dress got done in time! I was still trimming off the threads as we were taking pictures, but it did get done. Syd went with a group of girls this year - six total. I was their chauffeur for the evening, driving them in my "sporty" Suburban. I wish I would have gone with a group of girls to my prom. They really sounded like they had so much fun. They went to dinner at the Olive Garden. I waited for them by knitting my sock and reading my book. I'm starting a new series. Well, it's actually an older book, but new to me. A is for Alibi, by Sue Grafton. Yes, I could have gone with them to eat, but after the stress of making that dress I opted for quiet time by myself. Then off to the prom. It was held downtown, and I do not like to drive in downtown traffic. But I made it just fine. I get home - ahhh, finally relax - but no, I realize I haven't fed the dog for Syd. She is dog sitting and had asked me to feed the dog tonight. Off I go to feed and play with the puggle, Mercedes. I get home, and Syd calls. It's time to pick them up. Mom and I drove to pick them up. Yes, they want to go to Denny's. There we are, at Denny's at midnight. Mom and I got a separate booth and enjoyed watching everyone come in all dressed up. Finally got home around 12:50, and can you believe the Easter Bunny hadn't come to our house yet? I got to stay up a little longer just to make sure our house is ready for when the Easter Bunny does get here ;o

Ok, enough rambling, I'm tired. I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

WhimsyStitches Primitives said...

Arlene, the dress and Syd are beautiful. If you're lucky you can do it all over again next year for the Sr. Prom. Better get some rest.
Sondra

Sign our Guestbook