Thursday, March 20, 2008

We made it safely home from our trip on Saturday. We were on the road and headed home by 10:00 am. Clay was nice enough to stop in Florence so we could take a quick visit to a yarn store we'd heard about, the Happy Kamper Yarn Barn. It's located right on Hwy. 101, on the north side of Florence. In fact, we passed it and had to turn around. We're so glad we stopped here. The owner was the nicest lady, and invited us to sit down and have a bite to eat (homemade quiche, looked delicious!) or drink. Both Syd and I bought some sock yarn. We hit snow when we got to Mt. Shasta, and again about an hour out of Susanville. We're glad we didn't bring the trailer with us with the snow. We really didn't want to leave Oregon this trip. Every time I'm there I think about moving up there. I love rainy weather, but living in it I wonder if I would get sick of it. Maybe Clay would let me live there in the summertime, with the kids. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder! Well, I can dream anyway.

Today I went with A to a bug/snake exhibit. He actually held a snake! Of course, a little bribery never hurt, and we went to McDonald's for lunch that day. I was so proud of him. My little man is growing up so fast. Today he was so tired on the way home he fell asleep in the car. As he was falling asleep I sang lullabies to him. He says, "Mom, don't sing me baby songs," to which I replied, "I AM singing you baby songs" knowing he couldn't do anything about it, as he was half asleep already. When they're little you can't wait for them to grow up, and when they grow up you wish they were little again.


On a sadder note, yesterday I attended the funeral of the daughter of a family I know. This was the first funeral I have been to for a young person, and it was very hard. She was only 22 and left behind a husband and two month old baby girl. I don't think I had a dry eye the whole time. Not many people did. This has haunted me since she passed away. I need to remember to cherish the time I have with family and friends, to not be so quick to criticize. We have such a short time on this earth, and should be grateful for what we are given. I feel for this family but strongly believe they will be with her again. Our children are a precious gift; something I need to remember more often.

No comments:

Sign our Guestbook