Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday - hard to believe our vacation is already half over. More, actually. Today we went to Lincoln City to find a couple of scrapbook stores. The first one we went to was out of business. Found the second one close by, but there was a sign that said they didn’t open until 10:30ish, depending on the weather. Ahhh, the hours of a small town business. Went in to Joanne’s Fabrics, came out around 11:00, and they still weren’t open, so we just left. Must be a sign that I really don’t need any more scrapbook supplies. At 1:00 we drove to the glass float studio. I got to make my own glass float! That was sooooo fun, well worth the $$ I spent. The guy that helped me was great, too. Didn’t make me feel overly incompetent at this glass blowing stuff. What surprised me the most was how little air you actually blow into the glass. At first it’s like blowing out a candle - very softly. I get to pick up my float tomorrow after it dries in a type of hot kiln. Did you take a guess on what color it is??
Lots of rain today. We went back to Newport to go shopping at the Bay Front, and hit a yarn store there. Got some alpaca sock yarn. S got some worsted yarn to make a headband. She’s making up her own pattern. Went out to dinner at a restaurant in Lincoln City. Got back to the room and just hung out. It was a little rainy and too cool for the beach. You know me though, I love rainy weather.
We switch rooms tomorrow. They had this one booked for the weekend already when we booked our room. It’s not too far from this one. The kids are loving this. I know it will be sad when we go back and reality sets back in. A is already missing his teacher - hi, Ms. N! As I am writing this, it’s very quiet, with the tv on low, and I can hear the ocean waves, and the rain splattering. That constant background noise of the ocean makes for a great night of sleep. The other day I slept 10 hours!

No comments:

Sign our Guestbook